Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 2: Bobble Head

Dear everyone (:

Being here in the CCM in Guatemala is amazing. Constantly studying, learning how to be a good teacher of the word, deeper understanding the doctrine, and learning the language is hard, but I LOVE it.

All the Norte (USA) Hermana’s live in a little house next to the temple. Little Guatemalan security guards walk us to and from our house every day. They are so cute. The bathrooms are dirty, there is no where to put your clothes, and the water trickles out of the shower head freezing cold. We're not allowed to drink the water here, so we have to do everything with our water bottle. The day I get to brush my teeth in the sink will be a good day! We have zero time in the morning and zero time to get ready for bed, but I kind of like it. Spending less time on ourselves better prepares us to better love others.

No one can sing here. Not a single Norte or Latino can sing a single note, so when I sang in sacrament meeting on Sunday, EVERYONE in the CCM knows who I am. The latino elders' eyes follow me every step I take, and the little Latina Hermana’s adore me. The Latina Hermana’s make me look tall. Some are even a whole head shorter than me. They look like little dolls and wear big bows in their hair.

I have lost sooo much weight in the CCM I am sooo skinny, I look like a holocaust victim. The bread and meat here makes me sick, and I eat fruit and vegetables all day.

It is sooo humid here, that if I straighten my bangs, they curl right back up again. My hair is HUGE. Walking around with my big hair, big glasses and skinny body, I feel like a bobble head. The Latinas have been telling me that all the Latino elders think I pretty, so I guess that's what Latinos like ;)

I have the best accent out of all the Norte missionaries, and am learning Spanish very fast. The others look to me for help, and helping them helps me learn even faster.

Hermana Shoop, my best friend, had an emotional break down and is having the HARDEST time adjusting to all this, but I take better care of her, than I take care of myself. I love always having something to do and feeling busy. We exercise everyday and its the BEST. The sisters learn sooo much faster than the elders. The Hermana's are all soaring and the elders and barely keeping their head above water. Girls don't have to go on a mission, but boys MUST. Analisa and Katherine: you don't have to go on a mission, but don't EVER date someone who hasn't gone. Our teacher, Hermano Lopez, is a 22 year old Guatemalan and is TOTALLY going to be the first Latino prophet. He is so celestial its undescribable. Did I mention he's cute? I think Hermana Shoop and Hermano Lopez will make a fine couple someday. My companion, Hermana Chase is the complete opposite of me, but we couldn’t have been paired more perfectly. We play off of each other so well and the lessons for our investigators are constantly improving and successful.

Noooo! I have so much more to tell you but I'm out of time! I love you all soooo much!! This gospel is sooo true and I shall talk to you on Tuesday.

Love, Hermana Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment