Monday, July 8, 2013

Oscar

Dear Family,

After what felt like ages, we were finally blessed this week with the baptism of Oscar Enriques! Since day 1 he has been SUPER prepared, and it's been wonderful watching his testimony grow with each lesson. While the other 20 year old boys around here spend their time drinking and sleeping around, Oscar takes care of his Mom and couldn't be a better example to his friends. His baptism was sooo special and his mom was just bawling. I couldn't help but shed a tear when he received the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday at church... ahhh, I just love this work. He's the most pure in all of Nicaragua right now! I love this Gospel and the happiness it brings to the people who accept it. There is no other happiness in the world stronger than this. The peace that comes along with it surpasses all understanding.

Life here on earth is hard, but I know that as we "press forward with a stead fastness in Christ... and endure to the end" we are promised, "Ye shall have eternal life." Pray always, read your scriptures every day, and keep on the straight and narrow. Life is too short and too precious to loose a single minute. I love you and missed you all sooo much this week. You are always in my prayers and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermanita Sonrisa

 photo DSC718.jpg

3 comments:

  1. The first of many!
    And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

    (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:16)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go back to April 29th you can read about their very 1st baptism. May 6th talks about the 2nd, May 27 talks about the third and so on. They are wonderful stories. They are having a great impact on so many. I only wish I could go out meet all these people. What a blessing to have a missionary!

      Delete
  2. Happy to see just like that. Just drop by.

    Thanks and God Bless!

    the family international

    ReplyDelete