Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Echando fuego en Managua

How are you guys? Did you have a good weekend? I sure hope so :) 

Conference was so... Wonderful. Every single talk and song was so beautiful, inspired and perfect, it left me speechless. The Prophet, his Apostles, the choir... I love it so much I could die! :')

It was sooo crazy seeing the missionaries on TV using i-pads, i-phones, teaching in houses, sitting on COUCHES!! (I haven't seen a couch since I left home) They were driving in cars, and looking clean and beautiful. Those types of missions look sooo glamorous. All of us Nortes were a little jealous... but we are teaching real Lamanite decedents about their literal ancestors. It doesn't get much cooler than that. So serving in Central America is worth it to us :) We love it here 

Hna Shaffer had changes last week so I am now companions with Hna Garcia! She is a little Salvadorian fire cracker and loves me so much. It's really humbling being around someone who loves you so much. This past week I've had with her has been the best week of my mission :') We are the BEST companionship ever. Estamos echando fuego aqui en Managua!

At the reunion de cambios we received 4 sweet little Norte girls. They were so scared, barley speaking any Spanish and were in tears by the end of the meeting. One of them was just bawling scared to death. I consoled them and told them they were going to be just fine. I was fluent-ish in Spanish after about 6 months so I know they'll get there. It's crazy to think I was in their place not too long ago with the toughest trainer out here.

But the mission is sooo special. You learn and grow in ways that I can't even begin to explain. The mission doesn't just make you tough, strong, bilingual and more doctrinally educated, but brings you so much closer to the Savior, Jesus Christ. While being out here on the mission I have really come to KNOW Him, and can call Him my best friend :') I love Him so much and have learned how to fully render to Him all that I have and all that I am. I have fully accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and love this gospel with all of my heart. I love all of you as well, and hope you have a wonderful week.

The church is true and I love yoooou!

Love,

Hermana Nielson 

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing Time is. From having been frustrated to death in the early days of the mission to being in love with where you are and what you are doing! Go Hermana Nielson you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete