Monday, March 10, 2014

Hermanita Chistosa

Hey family!!

How are you guys?? I miss you all so much.  I cant believe I've been away from you all for an entire YEAR! Isn't that crazy? I will have completed ONE YEAR on my mission on Thursday and I feel SUPER weird about it. It feels like I just got here, but nope. I’ve been gone for 365 days and counting. It really is so…. Cool :) Because of the things I’ve learned and experiences I’ve had, I can easily say that this year has been the best year my life has ever had :)

Things over here in ‘El Rosario’ (is what our little area is called) has been so great. Its kind of a little farm land in the middle of nowhere, so if we ever need to go anywhere to buy anything, they have a really great minibus and taxi system. When I was in the city of Managua, we had a bus pass and got around on that, but here everyone waits for the taxis or minibuses that go back and forth from the main town called ‘Jinotepe’ and El Rosario. They CRAM us into those little things with as many other as they can fit. Since Hna Mackay is so tall they shove her in the back, and cause I’m so small they shove me in the front and I’m ALWAYS sitting on top of a guy. Every time. Haha Its SO weird but no one thinks anything of it cause they’re all used to it ya know? But its been sooo funny going back and forth with all the little Nicas. I try and pass pit pamphlets and share the gospel a little bit but there have been no missionaries here since the 70’s haha. They know how to shut us down so good…

Little by little I’ve been figuring out ways to soften up the people a little bit, and the only way to do it, is to make them laugh. I’ve gotten so good at it I can make the most dead pan Catholic little grandma laugh. The members and people that we’re teaching have ALL unanimously given me the nick name ‘HermanitaChistosa’ :) (Sister Funny) They named Hna Mackay ‘Hna Tuanis’ because she’s kind of the cool tall one. So Hna Tuanis (tuanis means cool in Nicaraguan) and Hermanita Chistosa have been tearing it up over here.

We’ve been really happy together. Walking around in the heat/dirt while being a little sicky (I think the farm stuff really took its toll on my immune system this change haha) We’re always smiling and laughing. Life is good as a missionary with a year in, bringing the joy and happiness of the perfect and true gospel to the Nicaraguans.

Well, I love you guys. Keep being awesome like always and I’ll talk to you all soon :)

Love, Hermanita Chistosa
AKA Hermana Nielson


 photo DSC52jpg.jpg
Study area

 photo DSC0106jpg.jpg
Repairing our worn out shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment