Monday, June 2, 2014

Duct Tape

June 2, 2014

Hey family!

I will be home soon! Isn't that crazy? I still can't even believe it haha. I've been going through all of my stuff and there is a TON I haven't even used haha. Lotion, sunscreen, aloe-vera, little shampoos, razors, batteries and all sorts of little things we thought I would need nearly 15 months ago.

The funniest thing that Mom put in there was, duck tape. I have had a whole roll of duck tape just sitting there and I've NEVER used it... UNTIL this week. 

The Hermanas of Jinotepe who are REALLY good friends of mine were trying to organize the baptism of a little boy with a broken arm. He wasn't going to be able to be baptized because he couldn't get his arm wet. They were all ¨Man... I wish we had some duck tape from the states so we could just duck tape a plastic bag around his arm...¨ That's when I said, ¨Hey, you know what? I think I have some!¨ And sure enough, I had a whole unused roll of it just sitting in my suitcase haha. So my MOM was the cause of a little boys baptism, because she was in tune enough with the Spirit to know that I would need it, 15 months in the future. 

Isn't that awesome?? You're a hero mom. Thank you :)

And THEN! That night it was POURING rain and bugs of EVERY kind were invading our little house. Ants, bees, cockroaches, wasps, mosquitoes and all these awful little bugs were coming in the house through the spaces in the walls and windows. We were screaming and trying to kill them all when I thought, oh my gosh, I can seal the spaces around the windows with duck tape. So I did and it SAVED our lives! I was SUPER upset about the bugs haha, so if I look really angry in the picture, I WAS haha. Anyways, it was really cool to see how following the little prompting of the spirit, and the decisions we make from over a year ago, will end up helping us in the times we need it most. I love you guys so much, I love this Church and I love duck tape. 

Have a WONDERFUL week and I'll talk to you all soon. :)

Love, Hermana Nielson 

PS: And here a pic of me and the mission presidents wife who is SO much like my real mom its not even funny haha.

I love you!

 photo DSC0249.jpg  photo DSC0242.jpg  photo DSC023.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration! I was just going over the mission packing list with Ryan....I told him "you need duct tape". We just read your post an hour later....inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete